Giyani / Mtitti Limpopo province please join me!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisB

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
Hi Guy's

For those guy's that could not make it to Baviaans like my self this is a great chance for a lekker getaway. We're busy planning a weekend away to the Limpopo province to a little place close to Makuleke right on the border line of Kruger National Park about 545km from JHB!

IMG_1654.jpg

We will staying over at a hunters campsite that is operated/owned by a friend of mine they used to accommodate over seas hunters there but hunting have since been banned in the area by the government leaving the campsite and facilities unused. There is a lot of dirt roads in the area to explore that includes dry river bed's and water crossings.

IMG_1634.jpg

The plan is to leave Friday morning 8 Dec at about 08:00 and meet up with anyone that is interested at the Petro Port on the N1 at about 09:00 and eat breakfast there. We would then follow the the N1 past Belabela and on towards Polokwane (Pietersburg) and maybe lunch there. From there we will ride up to Giyani and from there along the border on the Kruger National Park up to Maluleke then head east from Maluleke till we reach the campsite on the border of the national park this should be around 16:00.

IMG_1589.jpg

We will also have a backup vehicle with bike trailer just in case there are 4 big tents available with all the bedding and linen needed to stay over, cutlery is also available this is for families (will be taking mine along and you are welcome to do so) but remember limited tents available for them these tents sleeps 4 -6 persons. Of course there are camping space for smaller tents available as well so that is an option.

IMG_1609.jpg

So we will be ridding and exploring on Saturday all day (lekka dry river beds!) and Saturday night we can talk some k@k around a real bosveld bonfire and drink a lot of beer.

IMG_1582.jpg

He will also be taking along some quad bikes, paint ball guns and volley ball equipment. There is no cost involved except for your petrol, food (we will provide pap) and drinks and of course you ! We will also be taking alot of pictures that might be used for his website later on with your permission of course and the necessary acknowledgments to the forum and some "action" video's as well!
:D

We will be heading back Sunday morning at about 08:00 after some coffee and rusks and grab a proper breakfast/brunch on the way back.

Proposed route but you are welcome to make suggestions!

giyani.jpg