Greetings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bowsprit

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1100GS
steveeilertsen.jpg

Thanks to all here at Wild Dog (both members and moderators) who selflessly provide such an awesome resource for the biker community.

My name is Steve Eilertsen. I am currently a BMW 1100GS owner with 127000km on the clock; my challenge is to take this bike to 200000km! My previous bikes have all been BMW 650 singles.

We are a one-car family, with two bikes! - the other being a Russian Ural with sidecar so that I can take my 5 year old son to nursery school (and no, I’m 54 years old – there is life in me yet!)

I was lucky enough to attend Jan’s original Country Trax course back-in-the-day. I believe in the gospel of adventure - I will take my GS anywhere, but I also believe in coming home in one piece, on my bike. This is only possible with training and practice.

My passion for training led me to start the website FlamesOnMyTank to serve other bikers in their quest for adventure; this website is now 12 years old.  Under the banner of ‘African Long Distance Off Road Riding Academy’ I have continued to assist dual sport owners up here in Johannesburg in their quest for the ultimate off-road adventure.

These days I work for Schlowy Custom Motorcycles here in Johannesburg where safety and visibility is our prime concern. We also offer customisation services ranging from cosmetic to radical, to suit every adventure appetite.

I have finally succumbed to Wild Dogs!! I look forward to learning more myself and being able to offer something to the group.