Groot Marico. You Have to do this One at Least ONCE.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
blazes said:
Uncle said:
We will have to go visit the landlords' daughters. Does the breed good to get some new blood in from outside!  >:D
Ek Stem ;) Now the competition will be less as Martin made his name G@T and i do not think he will be allowed back again. ;D

Any pictures of said daughters?  >:D

blazes said:
WHO wants to come along next time ?

Me, me me!  Pritty pleeze!

Beautiful pics!  Me and the missus went there one day for the mampoer feast and had lekker "kaaings and pap" for brunch.  Its a beautiful area and a must ride.

Very Nice.

We have some land in Rietvlei about 25km out of Groot Marico.
And Die-Oog is a must see.

GIDEON said:
Very nice
Hi Gideon ;) Where are you? i have not ridden with you since Loskop Dam ride. Is jy kwaad vir ons?

Attachments

• DSC01668.jpg
    DSC01668.jpg
    82.4 KB
JABO said:
Very Nice.

Has it changed much in the last 20 odd years?

Lito said:
blazes said:
Uncle said:
We will have to go visit the landlords' daughters. Does the breed good to get some new blood in from outside!  >:D
Ek Stem ;) Now the competition will be less as Martin made his name G@T and i do not think he will be allowed back again. ;D

I wanted to take some. Two are Brunettes and two are Blonde( same dad ???) Martin said not to worry he will put them on his Hard Drive ::)

Beemer man said:
Nice to see Martin is enjoying his new scoot!! ;D
Yes Beemer man. He has become totally hooked on gravel road riding. Just cant understand that when you blinged his bike that he has to keep it clean himself now ??? ( his blond you know.) When are you coming to join us for a ride?

blazes said:
Lito said:
I wanted to take some. Two are Brunettes and two are Blonde( same dad ???) Martin said not to worry he will put them on his Hard Drive ::)

Cleaned that up for you. Good - yes - please, I want to see if its worth making a cross country trip for  :ricky: :drif:

JABO said:
Very Nice.

Now you tell me ???

Lito said:
JABO said:
Very Nice.

Has it changed much in the last 20 odd years?

Yes there has been some major changes.

Its a funny story actually as Die-Oog is devided up between 2 owners and there is a fence running almost through the center of it.
The one side is owned by a man that has converted it into a lodge and you can scuba dive there for a fee.

Where the other side is owned by an old oomie that only charges you R5 per night because there is only one toilet (LONG DROP) and you bring your own tents to camp in.

The latest news I heard from it was that someone wants to buy out the old oomie and do the same as the other side.

Here are some pics from the last time I was there.
The water is so clear you can see the bottom for about 15 meter or more in.

Attachments

• Feb29060.JPG
    Feb29060.JPG
    60.5 KB
  • Feb29065.JPG
    Feb29065.JPG
    99.1 KB
  • Feb29067.JPG
    Feb29067.JPG
    112.8 KB
  • Feb29063.JPG
    Feb29063.JPG
    55.7 KB
  • Feb29064.JPG
    Feb29064.JPG
    72.6 KB
The one oomie now charges R10. just to look. Apparently some major soft drink manufacturer want's to buy the place and start to bottle thye water---so i hear.

blazes said:
The one oomie now charges R10. just to look. Apparently some major soft drink manufacturer want's to buy the place and start to bottle thye water---so i hear.

Dit is sommer K@K.  :dousing:

Well i was there about 2 years ago.

JABO said:
blazes said:

Dit is sommer K@K.  :dousing:

Well i was there about 2 years ago.
Ek Stem ;) Dit was twee maande terug. Told him we did not look ::)

Great ride!

Your photo's show familiar terrain. That pass into Marico is great! :cool:

Did it in 2006. Also winter.

Promised myself we must do it in summer.

Blazes super trip and yep I must agree with Plothond ....I need to retire to see all these stunning places ;D

letsgofishing said:
Nice report Blazes - that must be a stunning pace to camp at!
Yes it is ;). Bring your tent along next when you are up here and we will make a group to go out there ;)

Latest posts