Gysmanshoek Pas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Posted by: Trailrider  Posted on: Today at 03:52:32 PM 
Insert Quote 
This report is just another example of the benefits of this forum. I would never have known about this pass had it not been for this report. Any good suggestions for accommodation (camping / backpackers) nearby?

Swellendam is frot with Back Packers, so do an internet search and be prepared to wade through the 247 that is around that part of the world.

Of the two camps that I went to one - Round the Bend - is owned by my company and it only for corporates - so if you bring along your PA and sales or finance team I am sure we can make a plan. The other is Ashanti - call Vicky on 072 6010797. They however are pretty full during the weekends.

Cheers

Thanks. I'll be coming from George so I'm looking for something closer to Riversdale or maybe Barrydale? Some-one once mentioned hunting huts around there (R-dale)?

At the top of the pass there is a road running over the "backbone" of the mountain (West). I guess it runs to a electricity pylon or something such as it ends in a circle. Can you ride in there or is there a gate or something?

TR, jis. Gaan slaap op Warmwaterberg indie spook huis.
Die gerage voor Swellentemba, is Buffeljags. Ken die eienaar. Sal vir haar vra of sy van iets weet. ;D

Accommodation?

How about the picnic spot in Tradouws pass, the bed is very soft  ;D

Tragar_%2819%29.jpg

Latest posts