Hak Vrystaat Woema outride and weekend get together

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeonDj

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
Ek sal maar die ene in ingils moet doen Vrystaat kollegas, here goes, on Saturday the Free State off road Wilddog group that was at Slaapkrans on the weekend met up at Tuli's farm for a ride with Tuli's adventures, Woema was there to shoot a episode.
The cold weather did make that some of the guys could not come but some die hard core bikers did arrive late the afternoon, Henry, Piet Vlakvark en Dustrat arrived, one could hear DR's 990 Katoom from far, was a very nice sight and sound as he came over the Free State hills. Henry's wife and children arrived later with the backup vehicle, Laurika had her own bike on the trailer a XT 550 nogal ek se!
Then we waited for Milkybar and Habbahaba and Zagser, 21h30 came - nothing, they were inspecting Danielsrus area at night...., poor Habba was now for a few hours in the saddle and the temp was near 0.., they got lost, I went and look for them and found Milkybar with a VW bus were a 4 x4 was suppose to be as well as Zagser with a trailer an two bikes on the back, eventually they arrived at 23h00, we ate 01h00 and went to bed at nearly 02h00.
Here are some pics, the Katoom garage..

Attachments

• Woema 019.jpg
    Woema 019.jpg
    135.4 KB
  • Woema 021.jpg
    Woema 021.jpg
    124.7 KB
  • Woema 027.jpg
    Woema 027.jpg
    128.8 KB
We had a nice fire and we huddled around it as the temp dropped, we had enough food to feed an army, thanks Mariska. :thumleft:

Attachments

• Woema 032.jpg
    Woema 032.jpg
    60.9 KB
  • Woema 025.jpg
    Woema 025.jpg
    88.3 KB
  • Woema 024.jpg
    Woema 024.jpg
    86.6 KB
Nice photies Deon I will post when I get back to bloem brought the wrong USB cable,but keep them coming :thumleft:

The next morning we met up at the Warden offroad, temp was - 4 degrees at 07h00, enroute it dropped to - 5,5 degrees..., at Tuli's farm the water fountain was frozen as well, some day breaking pics and Gifappeltjie

Attachments

• Woema 042.jpg
    Woema 042.jpg
    190.6 KB
  • Woema 037.jpg
    Woema 037.jpg
    83.1 KB
  • Woema 041.jpg
    Woema 041.jpg
    81 KB
  • Woema 036.jpg
    Woema 036.jpg
    82.5 KB
We all departed from Tuli's farm to Harrismith, +- 20 bikes, here we saw a brand new Tenere, Smitheys awesome Beemer.. :drif:

Attachments

• Woema 044.jpg
    Woema 044.jpg
    143.8 KB
  • Woema 045.jpg
    Woema 045.jpg
    114.4 KB
  • Woema 046.jpg
    Woema 046.jpg
    114.2 KB
  • Woema 052.jpg
    Woema 052.jpg
    139.7 KB
Smithey.... , more bikes at Harrismith, Piet Vlakvark, I forgive you Piet for all the nice remarks made by you on the BMW's :thumleft:  :ricky:, Hahahhaa.

Attachments

• Woema 056.jpg
    Woema 056.jpg
    137 KB
  • Woema 058.jpg
    Woema 058.jpg
    125.7 KB
  • Woema 059.jpg
    Woema 059.jpg
    104.8 KB
Nee wat Cappie net nog 'n gewone dag inni Vrystaat, as jy dink die nag temperatuur by die EC Bash is erg dan is dit ons dag temperatuur.. :ricky:, niks snaaks nie :biggrin:

Eventually the Woema team had to earn their money, interviews were done with Tuli die vriendlike varboer oor Tuli's Adventures, Carene his wife put up a table and cooldrinks and snacks were served, then we all had to pull away at speed as the camera man was croutched 100 meters away, I opened the woema nearly too much and nearly took out Coetzee's brother, he is the camera man, that Theunis is bloody funny.

Attachments

• Woema 077.jpg
    Woema 077.jpg
    101.9 KB
  • Woema 082.jpg
    Woema 082.jpg
    125.6 KB
  • Woema 078.jpg
    Woema 078.jpg
    63.6 KB
  • Woema 074.jpg
    Woema 074.jpg
    95.3 KB
Captain Slow said:
Smithey's bike is the shit!!!
Its very nice offroad but that last tar stretch from warden to Tuli's farm I could have sworn I saw Smithey put out those long legs and help the top end  ;D

Another few pics at the first stop, NickFS

Attachments

• Woema 070.jpg
    Woema 070.jpg
    109.9 KB
  • Woema 067.jpg
    Woema 067.jpg
    127.8 KB
  • Woema 063.jpg
    Woema 063.jpg
    115.5 KB
  • Woema 062.jpg
    Woema 062.jpg
    117.8 KB
  • Woema 061.jpg
    Woema 061.jpg
    131.3 KB
From there we went over the hills, was nice to see the bikes with the dust trails going over the hills, Zagser that course with Steven and Adventurer made you a hooligan ;D, ok let me refrase is it the KTM that made the difference as well, nee Anton great stuff en hy dreun flippen mooi as jy daai vet oopmaak en ek het amper 'n mond vol klippe by daai een cross gekry waar ek die marshall was, jy gooi mielies tot laaste rat, mooi man! :thumleft:
Carene again surprised us with a nice setup at a river crossing, here boerwors rolls were served with refresments, Tuli's Adventures will not survive without you Carene.

Attachments

• Woema 094.jpg
    Woema 094.jpg
    172.6 KB
  • Woema 097.jpg
    Woema 097.jpg
    149.8 KB
  • Woema 089.jpg
    Woema 089.jpg
    213.3 KB
  • Woema 087.jpg
    Woema 087.jpg
    105.8 KB
  • Woema 088.jpg
    Woema 088.jpg
    142.9 KB
Carene with her 650 GS, picnic blankets and all, very proffesional

Attachments

• Woema 108.jpg
    Woema 108.jpg
    196.4 KB
  • Woema 105.jpg
    Woema 105.jpg
    155 KB
  • Woema 101.jpg
    Woema 101.jpg
    180.8 KB
More pics

Attachments

• Woema 085.jpg
    Woema 085.jpg
    168.4 KB
  • Woema 090.jpg
    Woema 090.jpg
    160.8 KB
  • Woema 093.jpg
    Woema 093.jpg
    189.5 KB
  • Woema 109.jpg
    Woema 109.jpg
    193.3 KB
  • Woema 107.jpg
    Woema 107.jpg
    174.9 KB
Must say when Smithey was interviewed he sound for the first time normal  :pot:, bwhahaha, "yea the ride was so far very nice, enoyed it, bla bla" well done Smithsters ;D

Forgot to say that we did two passes, Normandiens was very nice and there we were instructed to make a line and ...., well, erm,... ja, for an ad for Woema, all in all we did 400 k's and I enjoyed it immensly, was fun and I enjoyed riding with my fellow Free State dawgs, and thanks Habba and Pienkmuis for giving me a spin on the 650 Dakar, was fun.....
Now you guys must put your pics on, final pic, Dawgs in the pic with the Woema crew on Tuli's farm were HentieBM, Dustrat, Milkybar, Habbahaba, Smithey, NickFS, ChristoFS, Zagser, Piet Vlakvark, Henry, Tuli and Carene. :thumleft:
Great stuff guys now we must wait for the Woema episode to air in the new season to see the Free State dogs ride..

Attachments

• Woema 111.jpg
    Woema 111.jpg
    149.1 KB
DeonDj said:
From there we went over the hills, was nice to see the bikes with the dust trails going over the hills, Zagser that course with Steven and Adventurer made you a hooligan ;D, ok let me refrase is it the KTM that made the difference as well, nee Anton great stuff en hy dreun flippen mooi as jy daai vet oopmaak en ek het amper 'n mond vol klippe by daai een cross gekry waar ek die marshall was, jy gooi mielies tot laaste rat, mooi man! :thumleft:
Carene again surprised us with a nice setup at a river crossing, here boerwors rolls were served with refresments, Tuli's Adventures will not survive without you Carene.

Hierdie was regtig 'n lekker naweek, ten spyte van die koue.  :ricky:

Een van die beste dinge wat ek kon doen was om King's Mountain se training te gaan bywoon, dit het my ongelooflik baie selfvertroue gegee, ek beveel dit sterk aan vir enige iemand, al ry jou hoeveel jaar al!!  :thumleft:

Paar mooi fotos wat jy hier het Deon.

Moet se, ek is darem bly om te sien iemand het die ander bikes ook afgeneem....    :pot:  :mwink: