Hello, and please help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
Hi all,

Josh is the name. I use to own a Yamaha XT200 couple of years ago. Want to get into Adventure riding REALLY BAD. Only have one problem..

It's me and my dad wanting to do this. We are both rather tall - about 1,93m ,weighing round about 85 & 100kg. We are looking around for 2 bikes to buy. Thing is, I'm not sure what to buy.

I've done a lot of research on the stuff, and till now I was a fan of BMW. I thought about buying the f650gs Dakar, but then some people said stuff about chains and sprockets always being a problem bla bla. This might be a stupid question, but why is this not a problem with the bigger models, like the f800gs for example?

We want to tour around Africa, we visit Botswana a lot, and want to ultimately plan a trip to Malawi lake. The bike we buy must therefore be good on and off road. The reason for me wanting to buy the smaller mdel, is cause I thought the bigger ones will be too heavy for me to do some offroad riding with.

Can anyone help me please, or just give me some experienced advice.
Appreciated! :thumleft: