Help needed post EPC and SAS removal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonova

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure S
Hey chaps. Need some advise from the gurus. So I gave my 950 a big service. Clearances, head torque, plugs, etc etc. I also removed the sas and epc systems.
Fired the bike up after and ran and idled hundreds...success...or so I thought. Took her for a ride....fail...NO power...splutters and has the rev high to get anywhere. So I think..I know what I did, I forgot to put the blocked off pipes back onto the carb vaccume system. I was right so I sorted that, and it improved the situation, but still at 5-6000rpm, she splutters and coughs. Much better power, but not right. Now she runs really smoothly, idles hundred percent. Could it be that removing the epc system has messed up the carb balance that much? I have checked every vaccume tube and seal.
I have not been able to check the carb balance yet and I will ASAP, but is there anything I'm missing here?
If it was electrical or timing etc she would run rough and really it's smooth as silk....until you try get on the power? I'm confident in the clearances being right...checked a number of times.

Really hoping that the carb balance is to blame.....is that something that regularly needs correcting after removing sas and epc systems?

Peter