Aggressive mid-size ADV bike tyres. What do you like?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roadhawg

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Husqvarna (all models)
I'm planning to join a trip around Lesotho in about 2 months, lots of the passes around Rhodes etc and I'd like to put on some more aggressive tyres. I realise this trip could be a nice easy ride in good weather, or a bit of a slog in rain or worse......I'd rather be prepared and over-tyred rather than struggling like hell on the dirt sections.

Currently have the Pirelli Rally STR jobs that came with the Norden, and they've actually impressed me offroad, but I realise in proper conditions they'll be a weak link for sure.

My conditions would be: Tubeless, 150/70R18 and preferably not lethal on wet tar or absolutely horrendous to ride on-road.

I loved the Rear Motoz Tractionator, front TKC 80 on my 1290....But different bike so I don't know how it'll go on the Norden, and wonder if we'll ever get stock of the Motoz again, and at what cost.
Thinking of:
- Mitas E09/Endurotrail XT+ rear and then TKC80 front (Or Dualventure front....I hear good things?)
- Pirelli scorpion rally (non STR)
- Anakee wilds (maybe not quite as hardcore offroad as he others?)
- Karoo 4 looks good. Not much feedback yet though....Again, probably not as aggressive as the Mitas and Motoz.