Hi Guys

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimeMan

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
Hiya to all the guys on the forum .

I used to ride a XR250 when i was at varsity many moons ago . It was stolen and never been back on a bike . Then this year a friend of mine bought my daughter a 125 Yamaha YBR as she is in grade 9 and does babysitting for them 2 x a week . So i won the noddy badge to teach my oldest to ride a bike . Well as i decided to take her to the stadiuum parking lot in nelspruit i had to drive the bike there with my wife following with the car . So now in the process of teaching her how to ride . And i think my words should stick to her forever ;) anyone can drive fast but i want you to learn how to control your bike driving slow . So now been a couple weekends that we spend making her pull off and stop , doing figure 8's , going up to 3rd gear the slow down and take a turn , emergency stops will be next .

Well in this process i started thinking to maybe get myself a bike as i am a IT consultant and on the road a lot .... about R4500 - R5000 a month going towards petrol , well did my sums , started to do my research and decided on a 2008 KLR . Man i enjoy being on the bike again .

So getting to know my bike and teaching my daughter , taking my lil ones and wife for a spin ever so often this whole biking thing is something putting a smile on the whole family's faces and saving myself some fuel .

So big HIYA from Nelspruit