• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Honda Africa Twin for sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zonkelnut

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XRV 750 Africa Twin
Hi there.

I am selling my Honda Africa Twin.

I bought the AT like 2 weeks ago. It is standing on 39000km and a 2002 model (need I say a 750? – RD07). When I took it for a test ride, I was quite happy and impressed with the AT. The bike is in a very good condition.

After taking of the tank and air box, I saw that the mechanical condition is exceptional. Really I cannot believe the condition the engine is in. It is perfect! Everything is working. The motor pulls like mad and it seems that everything is original except the screen (deflect the wind will), the hand guards (Touratech), the crash bars (I also think Touratech) and Fuel pump conversion.
The body got one or two small marks on it but overall in very good condition for a relatively old bike. I replaced the oil and the air filter. I did not get to the spark plugs as I do not have a plug spanner that fits the new spark-plugs (yes, without the original tool kit).

Now. Why do I want to sell? I don’t know. I rode the bike to work and back for this week and I just do not feel the AT. Why I do not know. What it is, well, don’t know. I cannot point to any mechanical issues or ride discomfort. It is all working as it should. I just don’t feel the bike. Going on dirt is such a breeze and it does dirt without effort. I am thinking that I rode the Versys for too long and got used to it. I can for the life of me not put my finger on it  ???  and if I do not feel the bike I ride, I will never settle down with it.

So now I am selling the AT.  :'(

I bought the AT for R50 000 and with the new oil change and air filter and spark plugs, I guess that it just makes sense to put it back on the market for R50 000 again.
I will be riding the AT for another week until my Versys shock seals are fixed and then the AT will stand. So expect 40000km on the clock. O yes and he will be washed  ;D

So, contact me via PM or cell: 0 seven six 0 nine two six 533.

Thanks.

index.php