Honda service - cheers warranty

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dolf

Race Dog
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
Husqvarna (all models)
Ok, the plan was to get the 1k service at Honda to keep the warranty but after that regular services to be done by myself and major things to be done by Runner. I emailed the service manager at Honda XXXX XXXX  :biggrin: to ask and this is how it went. With an attitude like this they can shove their warranty - I'll take a chance.

~~~
Hi XXXX

I need to book my bike in soon for the 1k km service.

Please let me know what exactly is done and how much it will cost?

Regards

10:13 AM (7 hours ago)

to me

Cost 850

Mon morn ?

Regards

XXX

Sent: 18 May 2012 07:04 AM
To: XXXX
Subject: XR first service

Hi XXXX

What exactly is done? Just oil and oil filter change? I keep all the cables and chain clean and lubed and I have a UNI filter installed so there's no need to do all of this. On 700km now so pretty soon but not yet Monday.

to me

Besides the oil –

Chassis is checked and insp – steering bearings ,wheel bearing, suspension,spokes ,

Air filter only at 12

Sent: 18 May 2012 01:25 PM
To: XXXXX
Subject: Re: XR first service

to XXXX
The reason I asked is because I ( and you would probably agree that most people) don't like to be overcharged for items just "checked". When these are inspected do they remove the steering stem and swingarm and grease the bearings etc. or just do the normal like check for smooth operation of steering / suspension / wheels. After the failure of the PDI to make sure that something as simple as making sure there's enough oil in the bike I'm a bit hesistant and considering doing everything myself but then I won't have a warranty anymore. If I were to request an oil change only would that be adequate to keep the warranty and can I stand next to the mechanic when he does the job to make sure it is done properly?

5:38 PM (6 minutes ago)

to me

No

the 1000 km serv is there to insp all the area’s where problems have risen and to keep from problems forming –

insp is part of serv- u are not qualified to insp – insp is more than just looking my guys are trained

safety laws prohibit you from being allowed in the wshop – there is a work sheet that gets filled in that you are welcome to insp

~~~