• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

honda xl 500 for sale-- old school is kool

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

african dust

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XR200
I bought a honda xl 500 1981 last year. It was licensed and all papers.
I transferred it to my name but it does not have a RWC as I wanted to fix all before doing that.

I had dreams of fixing it up but time, reality and money do not seem to be working with me.
So it is looking for a new home. Either as a plaasbike or a project.
I have spent a further R5000 on the bike  ( gaskets, full service, full mechanical chk, new cam and rockers, new kick start) in the last months.
I drove the bike last weekend and it pulls like a train. starts fairly easy once you know how to kick a thumper.
lovely sound from stainless exhaust.

The bike needs somebody that knows bikes and is looking for a project to go through it. As with all old bikes there are bound to be issues as yet undiscovered.
The electrics are working but not good.
tyres are new michelin siracs but not suited to off road ring thing...that is unless you are braver than me.

I know I will not get my money back but offers of around 11k will be considered.

bike is in montagu on a farm.
I am not in the country but can arrange all from here

pm me if interested.

Attachments

• IMG_5075 (Small).JPG
    IMG_5075 (Small).JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 615
  • IMG_5078 (Small).JPG
    IMG_5078 (Small).JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 606
  • IMG_5077 (Small).JPG
    IMG_5077 (Small).JPG