HP2 running lean....?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerhad

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS Adventure
I got my HP last week and did a bit of riding over the weekend.  The bike is awesome and if you have not been on one you won't know the feeling.  It's asking for more all the time!!!  If you don't want to spend money, don't test ride one!!!

With all the nice things and smiles there is something that bother me :-\  I think the bike is running lean.  When it is cold the idle is nice and even, but when the engine heats up it start to miss.  It also ain't running smooth through the rev range.  When you open the throttle wide its missing and "spluttering" and it sound like  it's backfiring.  It seems to misfire and then it goes away and pull like a demon!!! I removed the plugs and it have a white colour, the same as a engine thats running lean.  The bike has a full Remus exhaust system which migt also add to the mixture being to lean.
When you take off slow and work through the gears gently everything seems to be fine, it's only when you twist the throttle wide open that the shit start.

What do I do now?  I have the original exhaust, but would like to keep the Remus on, you know why.  But I don't want to burn a hole in the pistons either.
This is a moerse lekker bike and I want it to be perfect!!
I would like to hear from you guys please??