HUGE FUBAR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DEON 1190

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
Last year I sold a new bike to a client , paid in full , took delivery and deal was done , I will admit doing registration is a pain in the but , and in my case 97% of client do not want to pat the service fee to do the reg on there behalf , I this case it would not have helped , but only found the FUBAR earlier ! Client went to register in FEB only to find out the bike has already been registered in someone else's name and subsequently been marked as stolen . Now how to resolve this , He has the new vehicle certificate , with original signiture on it . His question to me is how did this happen and did I sell him a used registered bike ?
And I know most would speculate this , but no it was brand new , and never registered. He collected the bike on the 27 of September ( Wednesday) , reg was done on 2 OCTOBER . (MONDAY) dont know when it weas marked as stolen .
tried the traffic department , no luck , then to SAPS vehicle theft with all the paper work , No we cant help , you must bring bike , all paperwork and client? owner along , and they will lift the S mark .
On our way to go have this done , just hope that once SAPS is sorted my client can go register .
FOR THE RECORD ; I dont the person in who s name it has been erroneously registered and no contact details . I can only hope and pray this mess is resolved today 🙏