I am out!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riaanc

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS
After 10 years of commuting to work I have given it up, sold the bikes and gone back to being a cager.

On the morning of the 26th of October I was driving my XR 650 L to work, and in Vom Hagen str, at the t junction near the Home affairs office, a pedestrian run out in front of me. There was no warning, he was looking the other way and just bolted from the side of the road into my path.

The resultant crash and fall damaged my right knee badly. The miniscus had to be removed, and I tore the ligaments on both sides of the knee. Since then I have been in a brace with limited movement allowed. I will see the doc on the 15th to discuss the way forward.

His advise post operation was that another blow to the knee will probably require a knee replacement. That decided it for me, I sold of the bikes (4 of them) but decided to keep the GS1150 for weekend rides.

So now I will be a Sunday rider only, once I am mobile again.

The decisions was made as I feel that there has been a steady decrease in road drivin skills the last few years, the dumb pedestrian just brought the issue to a head.