I did it.........

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Avon

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
My name can now also be added to the list of RT droppers. You read about this happening on forums as only being a matter of time and finding the right place with a slight lack of concentration and Bingo. :-[

A few questions to the���uhm���.brave enough fellow wild dog members willing to admit such an incident on the forum:- ;D

I turned into an uneven uphill paved surface, realised itâ??s going to be tricky to park her there, decided to turn back onto the tar (whilst checking out more suitable parking spot) moved off too slow, or turned to sharply â?? still canâ??t figure out exactly why - and down she goes. There is some slight paint damage to the right hand side pannier that will probably polish out; and a scratch on the right-hand side head cover. The mirror popped right out â?? no damage there.

Took a minute or two to realise sheâ??s still running before I switched her off, lit up a Chesterfield to calm the nerves and ponder ways to pick the beast up. My son arrived about ten minutes later and when we picked her up, noticed that oil leaked from underneath the plug cover. Put her on the centre stand, added about 500mil oil, started up, and allâ??s well. Took her home, about 20 kays, no more oil leak and everything else appears to be fine and working normally.

How can oil leak from the plug, and then just stop? Is it because she was on her side for 10 minutes?

What say my learned friends?

And yes, I will now get those covers, and get BM to check her out just in case for warrantee purposes.

At least it's now done, been there got the T-shirt and I can learn from this and get on with my life :)