Imported New Helmet - Review of Experience

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ysterman

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS Adventure
About two weeks ago I completely stuffed up my system 5 helmet (anyone looking for spare visors, I have ...).

So I had to replace my helmet asap, and didn't exactly budget for a new one.

• First step was to figure out what I want - decide to stay with modular/flip-up helmet
  • Next was finding one within my budget, which was rated fairly good. After a day or two searching SA, decided to go global & stumbled across Revzilla.  Nice search filters, review videos & good prices
  • The obvious choice for me landed on a helmet not available in SA, and decided to take the risk & buy it
  • But first searched other website overseas, and found one that makes use of BorderFree - love this, meaning everything is paid upfront - duties, taxes etc. - no surprises
  • Placed the order on the 10th, helmet was delivered to my office on the 17th ... just awesome

I really wish I could support the local guys & buy local.  This will be my first choice.

So this post is not about boycotting local suppliers, just to say that there is other options.

Photos to follow