In crash situation, KLR is tops

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LouisXander

Keyboard Rider
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XR400
2 weeks ago Thursday 13 a marmite monster suddenly stopped infront of me and I slapped it on the side. Couldn't climb the pavement, the angle wasn't right and I would have slid in under the Fiat Palio he was driving. Only my 2 side covers covering the rad and coolant holder was scraped. His Palio on the side is F@#$ed up good. But that is what you get for suddenly stopping infront of a KLR!!

I got back on and rode it again, and sommer stitched the crack in the side cover with small cable ties. That night I parked it and only used it the next Tuesday.

Yous wouldn't believe it but 5 minutes away from the house a laaitie skipped the stop street and hit me full on from the side in a Golf. The Golf's bumper broke off, the slamtray and grill bent and broke and I had a effing sore ankle.

Damage to the KLR? The panic handle that is part of the carrier broke off and my ankle was F#$%ed up. Couldn't walk for 2 days.

The lesson?

Buy a KLR, tough reliable blerrie Bike!