In search of Dunebilly's - Based on a true story

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EtienneNXR

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha T7
We got word that there was some on eyed creatures around Cape Town, they live in the sand dune, they eat wood and sand, and only come out at dusk...

This is what we were told they look like...
a.jpg

So we just had to go looking for them, at 6am this morning, MalcolmNXR and I set of from the filling station in Vredekloof.
Malcolm looking seiked for some dunebilly finding:
IMG_0374Medium.jpg

The sun had just come up, onroute on one of the railways:
IMG_0376Medium.jpg

Tough man! Malcolm looking ready for it
IMG_0377Medium.jpg

The sand was soft...there was an ominous feeling in the air...almost like we were being watched with one eye..
IMG_0378Medium.jpg

Without us even noticing one of them stole the screw of malcolms number plate....
IMG_0379Medium.jpg

Perfect dunebilly territory
IMG_0380Medium.jpg

IMG_0381Medium.jpg

Malcolm lookin for them
IMG_0383Medium.jpg

IMG_0387Medium.jpg

Then it happened....going up a hill, one of them took some of the sand away, there was a BIG gap between the sand...I made it over...but malcolm wasnt as lucky..
IMG_0390Medium.jpg

These types of moves are supposed to lure the billy's out...
IMG_0399Medium.jpg

IMG_0403Medium.jpg

IMG_0407Medium.jpg

This must be some sort of sacred dunebilly marking in the sand, they were trying to worn us
IMG_0409Medium.jpg

Me getting ready to find them now
IMG_0415Medium.jpg

You could here them in the bush below...attack!
IMG_0422Medium.jpg

IMG_0416Medium.jpg

This must be one of the propelling devices used on their vehicles
IMG_0425Medium.jpg

Malcolm getting some airtime
IMG_0427Medium.jpg

Me trying too
IMG_0431Medium.jpg

IMG_0432Medium.jpg

We did find them, but they asked us nicely not to post pictures of them on the internet, so you guys would have to join us here in Atlantis to see them

We went to the quarry afterward, this dropoff seemed like a good idea, until the rear wheel ate me numberplate with the compression of the suspension.
IMG_0435Medium.jpg

IMG_0436Medium.jpg

IMG_0439Medium.jpg

This is were we were "stuck in the mud" two weeks ago, see the deep tracks...
IMG_0441Medium.jpg

Ended at Zone7 where we had some spectacular laughs at some of the guys riding there...
IMG_0443Medium.jpg

Very cool !  :thumleft: Wish I could go riding around on sand like that ! I still need to meet the sand monster !  :peepwall:

Flippin awesome dude!!!!

Man you Capies are lucky with such riding areas on your door step!!!!

If I ever visit CPT on the X, please take me with to go and ride here  :drif: :drif: :drif: :drif:

Ek het nie geweet 'n mens se lyf kan so seer wees 'n dag na so 'n ride nie!  :biggrin:

MalcolmNXR said:
Ek het nie geweet 'n mens se lyf kan so seer wees 'n dag na so 'n ride nie!  :biggrin:

Ek kom nou van 'n 9 uur lange ride af, macassar ens.

...glo my...more gaan ek nie beweeg nie

I figured  thouse track allong the railway might be yours, which one of you two had the hard breaking sideways slide?

probably 1 of the other 200 mx bikes that go through there on a weekend  :ricky:

mrhyde said:
n nxr kan net powerslide met die voet op die agterbriek :p
Nee. 'n nxr kan net powerslide as jy skerp draai in die sand soos wat 'n moto GP bike 'n corner vat.  :biggrin: