In the spirit of Malgat!!! On 14th Ocyober 2012

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beemer Mike

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Took the family to Beestekraal Station for lunch yesterday as we were in the area.

Upon paying after the meal the owner, Lynette, asked us to call again in her usual friendly self. I explained to her that I am a local to her place but that she probably didn't recognize me as I was not in bike kit nor on a bike. I also mentioned that I will always support her as I was a friend of Malgat and helped plant the tree that was planted in her grounds in memory of the great guy.

With that she burst into tears and said that she wanted to put a bench under Malgat's tree for her son that had died last month!!!!

Now... as she was kind enough to allow us to plant a tree in memory of Malgat... I offered to contact the rest of the Dogs and reciprocate the kindness by getting together and providing and planting a tree next to Malgat's one in memory of her son. She burst into tears again and said that would be nice BUT not yet as she is still hurting too much.

What say you Dogs???? Who is in with me? Let's do a Sunday ride in a month's time via the Canals and plant her a tree in memory of her son... in the same spirit of Malgat.

BTW I didn't pursue the death of her son any further as  I could see that she was still in alot of pain, so I do not know how or why he died. More details later. With all of that I gave her a huge Wild dog hug and left it at that.

The date is 14th October 2010.
Mark/ Judy will you do the logistics of the ride please as you know the route soooo well?