Is copying a ride report illegal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SchalkL

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
Although it is just good manners to ask or tell somebody if you duplicate his ride report for another publication, the question comes up - Is it legal?
I was thinking about collecting ride reports, putting them in pdf format and distribute in e-mag format ???

:thumleft:
I don't think he can sue you, BUT, I won't like it if I read my own report in some other magizine or something. Even worse, if I see a pic of myself in a magazine placed by a friend or so.
Rather ask permission. :thumleft:

Might not be illegal as it already is in the public domain, but making profit from it should be.

Unethical most certainly.

Yip, rather work with the author.  Most RRs could do with some editing anyway (OK for a forum such as this, but not for professional publication).  Then the author would also have a great copy of his trip to keep for him/herself and friends/family.  May then even consider a hardcopy book of it.  Win-win.

Cool, thanks for the input,I might do this only for myself and as freebie for widdogs AFTER GETTING PERMISSION FROM THE AUTHOR!
It will be a long term project though.

roxenz said:
Then the author would also have a great copy of his trip to keep for him/herself and friends/family. 

What I thought as well..  :thumleft:

Actually not a bad Idea to copy it and just replace the pictures with your own, I don't always lik wring :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer:

TVB said:
Actually not a bad Idea to copy it and just replace the pictures with your own, I don't always lik wring :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer:
Hahaha and no one ever reads the thing anyways, we just look at the pretty pitchures.

GSLaaitie said:
TVB said:
Hahaha and no one ever reads the thing anyways, we just look at the pretty pitchures.

:laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4:

GSLaaitie said:
TVB said:
AGREE - not all but most enjoy a report with just a one liner next to a pic and that's it .  :spitcoffee: