Is the Buell really ugly?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O

Oppad

I know this is a DS forum and this is about a sportsbike, but I mostly rate the opinion of the people on this forum higher than the opinions of those on other bike forums in SA. So...in the latest 2Wheels there's a comparative test between the Duc 1098S, the KTMRC8, the Buell 1125R, Aprilia RSV1000R and BMW1200S. The Buell did remarkably well in the test i.m.o. definitely the best value for money but all the testers shot it down in flames beacuse of its looks. Can't recall the exact words but they were nasty. Saw one in the flesh the other day (before I read the mag) and thought it was really very pretty.  Went back to the Harley shop at Willowbridge on Sunday just to make sure after reading the mag, but there were none. Only a huge poster of one. (Didn't go inside to ask, felt like those guys in the dirty raincoats outside the sex shops, and was afraid that I would run into someone I know). Here's a pic. I think Batman would have liked it. And a link to some other pics.

https://www.sportbikes.ws/showthread.php?p=1206751

What do you think?

Attachments

• buell01.jpg
    buell01.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 154