It pays 2 jump up & down sumtimes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KAT-WP

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure
Still need to do my bike driving licence so i phone Green Point traffic dept last yr 17 Dec to get my name down on the list - only to be informed by a lady that the SYSTEM will not allow them to take  anybody's details to secure bookings  :mad:  & that the waiting list is full till end June 2009 ( i did expect a long wait).

i asked when i would be able to get my name down onto their system only to be told:  "they dont know, it depends when the system allows for names to be accepted" - really! :eek7:

i then sent an email to the owner of a well known bike academy in Western Cape) to check out the info and within this week i received replies which involved 5 people who are linked up with the licencing process.  The Assistant Chief of Traffic & Licencing in Western Cape also became involved in the saga and saw my concerns expressed with the Department in my initial email.  My mail was firm, direct but polite.

He personally sent me an email offering his apologies for the mishap and also requested my contact tel numbers for sumone to make contact with me to book my appointment.

This morning the Chief guy phones me and says "the earliest i can do for you is 4 February 2009" - i immediately said i will take the appointment - so cool that he made a plan for this mess up 8)

so people out there who are desperately trying to get information & bookings for their licences, dont take this crap - take it to another level where you will get sorted ;D