It's not a rally, it's a sleepover.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaboef

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure S
Having finally succeeded in turning a proud DS bike into a lowly commuter, this weekend I decided to stretch my boney's legs a bit and clear her throat.
Friday night I was contemplating some long Karoo gravel roads and sipping my whiskey when the sms came in from a friend of Mrs Kaboef: "the Wizards are hosting a sleepover"

Now, understandably, I wasn't very excited about getting dressed in fruity pajamas and drinking Milo. But after she explained that its "sort of like a rally", things started looking up.
So, me and the missus then decided that we are going to join the Wizards for their rall....I mean sleepover.

Saturday afternoon we packed the scoot and quickly shot through to Mosselbay, and onwards in the direction of Albertinia. About 5k's west of the Mossgas refinery is Barrels Saloon. And that is were the ra...... I mean sleepover was held.

Upon arrival we checked in at the gate, paid our R50 admission, and received our Wizards Badges. Not terribly excited about having my chest stuck full of holes when I next part ways with my bike in mud or sand, I did not put my badge on my jacket.
Rather, I went looking for a nice camping spot so I can pitch the tent and join the festivities.

dsc05653kp1.jpg

dsc05656ym4.jpg

dsc05655wx2.jpg

The altar where many tyres were sacrifed. More on the FUBAR bike later..... :3some:

dsc05659ur2.jpg

There were a few interesting bikes there. Check our this Busa's uhm....interesting colour scheme.. :eek7:

dsc05669jg9.jpg

And a Suzuki Intruder ( I think so at least.. cant remember now, and too lazy to Google it)

dsc05684pn2.jpg

The Honda VTR. I LOOOVE the sound of these bikes. And the look of those two zorsts like mortar pipes. >:D

dsc05675ed0.jpg

And a Honda XL500S! Running! Without Clocks! :biggrin:

But the most beautiful bike of them all has to be .... MINE!

dsc05691dv5.jpg

Mrs Kaboef posing for a piccie next to our steed.

Mrs Kaboef's friend, who rides a KLR (Cap'n Slow, you listening?...), is leaving next year on an 8 month trip from Cape Town to Norway. In sponsored 4x4's. An all-women safari sponsored by Mitsubishi. Cappie, you still listening? :mwink:

dsc05660ko1.jpg

Here the two wimmin discuss the sleeping arrangements.

Suddenly the fog came in very quickly. But it smelled like burning rubber. At first I could not believe it... this is mos not a rally, its a sleepover, right? So who would do burnouts?

This guy. Very impressive nogals. A very primitive thing, a burnout.. Lots of testosterone and smoke and noise and engines hitting the rev limiter and pieces of rubber flying around.
dsc05662zy2.jpg

dsc05666ic4.jpg

For sale: Rear tyre. Slightly used.

Now, we come to the FUBAR bike you saw earlier..

dsc05679wa2.jpg

dsc05677fy9.jpg

Kawasakis & sledge hammers: a match made in heaven. >:D :biggrin:

dsc05699wk8.jpg

dsc05701jc0.jpg

dsc05702yi0.jpg

An oil change and 4 new plugs and she's right as rain! :biggrin:

dsc05696db3.jpg

No, its not vent pipes for a bomb-shelter.
:3some:

dsc05694gk0.jpg

The Kaboef and the ladies.

The party moved inside and some dancing ensued.
Thirsty work...

dsc05706lx6.jpg

dsc05708zr2.jpg

dsc05714zf8.jpg

AC/DC always have this effect on people. >:D :biggrin: 8)

And then my camera died.

We partied some more, braaied some vleis, and went to bed not too late.
Up this morning and almost froze our noses off when we rode back to George.

If this is how the Wizards do a sleepover, I cannot wait for their rally. :thumleft: :biggrin:

Dit lyk interressant. Het nie eers daarvan geweet en dis klipgooi van my af.Chris.

Kaboef; kaboef; ... kaboef mielies; kaboef mielie vamore en kaboef mielie vanaand.... Marl. hou moed dit sal later miner raak  ;D ,  lekker sleepover/trip julle  :ricky: :thumleft:

well it's clear

lotsa dope smokers at that party  :biggrin:

looks lekker!!!

Awesome

Love the bike busting would def have done that
                :thumleft:

mountainboy said:
LuckyStriker said:
Excellent!

That Moer Bike is fanastic :imaposer:

sounds like a new type of hard core coffee for bikers  :biggrin:

:laughing4:  Slightly ground and put in a "sokkie" and hung in the "pot"  ;D

Nee ouens,julle sien dan hoe hard spaar ou Mercedes vir n bike.Nou moer julle een stukkend.

Nice Report Kaboef maar waars die stof pad?
PS
Dis jou vrou wat jou bike so goed laat lyk! :ricky:

Shite theres some serious dudes with more serious aggression there.... :pot: :pot:

Daai ou daar op die counter...ai toemaar dis dalk net n wind...netnou voel hy beter.... >:D >:D

KT-emmer707 said:
Waas jou burnout foto? :biggrin:

Teen R1800 'n tyre is die enigste ding wat 'n burnout doen my f*kken kredietkaart... :biggrin:

How can you not want to go to a sleep over, especially if it is a lot of girls in skimpy-satin pajamaâ??s!!!!

But I wouldnâ??t have said no to any of the two, the rally or the sleep-over!!