Jerry Can On 650L

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marlon

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XR200
Hellos!

Just a thing or two I can use some input on, if you don't mind.  :)

I am looking for a solution to carry water OR fuel. Some days I will need water, some days it might be fuel, depending on the trip being a camp out, or a day's ride, or whatever. I have steel jerry cans, the 5 litre small ones. They weight around 1.8KG dry (and if I remember correctly, petrol convert 0.7, so 4 KG for 5 litres of fuel). That is almost 6 KG wet, total.

Is this too much to consider carrying on the 650L?

If not, where on the bike, and how can I mount and carry it? I am staring at solutions, and not liking most of them. The subframe is "known" to be weak on these, so I dont want to carry the jerry there, flat.

mmm, really have no clues. I like the jerry cans, more than I like long range tanks, especially because it saves a craphouse of money, and secondly because, if mounted low, can keep the weight lower.

Feel free to chip in, or provide complete other ideas. I only really need to carry 2 or 3 litres or so to help reserve out a bit.

cheerios
marlon

Latest posts