JHB altitude and then coastal air?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roadhawg

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Husqvarna (all models)
Guys has anyone ever had an issue trailering a 990 from JHB down to the coast and then having fueling issues?

I sold my SMT to Namaqua on the forum. It was on a custom map up here, checked it on a dyno and the AFRs were safe. The bike went down on a trailer Last week and he picked it up today.

He rode it once for about half an hour (and seemed very happy with it!) but then he went to start it and it cranked a couple times but wouldnt start. Then the battery went dead and wouldnt crank at all.

He then stuck it on charge for like 20mins and tried again. Still cranked, no start.  He then opened the throttle while cranking and it fired right up. ???

I can only imagine it's either:
-The fuelling map from up here is maybe not quite right and has made it finnicky to start? (It started first try every time up here, only time it wouldnt start was if the batt was flat)

- as far as I know the ECU does a throttle position cycle when you switch the ignition on every couple of starts. Maybe the battery was too dead to do the throttle cycle properly so the bike wouldnt fire when it was cranked.

I know these ECUS are a bit finnicky and need their full voltage.

Latest posts