JHB to Makgadikgadi Pans in Botswana

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

killboy

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Triumph 800 XC
Sitting at the airport waiting for my flight back to London after an 8 day trip, doing this: (3x KTMs, an 800 GS and a support vehicle)

2qy61Cu.jpg

x9KqVKR.jpg

ejEIb6W.jpg

Will update with photos from the SLR and video when I get the time back in London.

Why is there no pic of the 800?! Show it, show it …show it to me…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

killboy said:
A small teaser clip so long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjXomSyCZ58

Still got loads of footage and photos to sort out, report coming soon! Apologies for the delay, work is interfering with my life.  :sip:

Awesome video and great pics.

Looking forward to the rest  :thumleft:

So here we go, finally got some pics sorted.

Not even 10km from Johannesburg did we start doing gravel. We hardly touched tar in ZA even. Went the Rustenburg - Thabazimbi - Stockpoort Border gates, and then camped about 50 km up on the Limpopo River. For breakfast we had a case of beer, a bottle of gin and a bottle of brandy, and decided to stay there for the day again :p

After that up to Makgadikgadi, hitting Palapye, and not sure after that, but we did a bit of tar before veering off into the bush (the lost bit). Camped in the pans, and then headed for Gweta Lodge, then up to Elephant Sands. We got news my mate's wife tripped over his Boerbull "puppy" and so decided to head back, basically the way we came, hitting Kubu Island for a some afternoon drinks before camping again in the middle of the pans.

On the road

In the Pans

This was taken around 10pm, long exposure

Thanks for posting.
Awesome pics as always! (That last one is a beaut!)

great pics, love the night time long exposure one  :thumleft: