Joburg Questions/Help Needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heelrider12

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XR600
Hey Dogs,

I've been working as a volunteer in Malawi for about a year now, and am planning a South Africa/Namibia trip for when my year ends in about one month. I'm planning to catch a bus to Joburg where I'm hoping to rapidly shop for and purchase a bike that I'll probably resell about a month later. I'm working with a pretty tight budget (*volunteer*, remember??), and the idea of staying somewhere possibly inconveniently located with no temporary means of transportation to take me to/from potential bike purchases sounds expensive and not ideal.

Does anyone have any recommendations as to accommodations where I could stay for cheap while I shop? Is there a general area that would put me closest to people selling bikes? I also have a tent I can pitch.

Also - any recommendations for the temporary transport issue? Just use taxis to take me to/from sellers, or are there reliable/AFFORDABLE short-term rental options? Any ideas or general advice would be great.

Thanks in advance

Latest posts