Jules Canal ride ends as Tech Day.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miles

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
The ride did not pan out as expected, in the first hour we had three punctures basically all at once, must have been somthing on those off road tracks we rode on.

Puncture1.jpg

The stop ended up like a Tech day on how to repair punctures, with three of the 15 bikes picking up punctures.

Punture2.jpg

Looked like a Wheel repair Shop.
Puncture3.jpg

We completed the puncture repair training and all sorted, we shot off to meet up with Johnst and the Pretoria gang who must have thought we got lost.

BraaiMeetingspot.jpg

Great meeting some more wild dogs and hearing to all the bike related stories. The canal ride did not take place we spent much time talking bike and other 'kark'.
Still was a lekker day, thanks for the braai and the help with the punctures.

Braaistop.jpg

Yep, was not a great day's riding, but still nice to get out (thanks for the beer+ride, Ganj!). The "mountain" was awesome, less than halfway up I was busted, so came down - respect to those who did go up.  Next time the canal roads!

Thanks to Jules, JohnSt and everyone else who helped on the day.  :thumleft:

Enjoyed the bosbraai and just chilling with the other dogs :thumleft:

Sometimes the riding can / should take a back seat  ;D

Nice one  :thumleft:

Glad to see Li has now officially passed the punctures  over to the other bikes--Pity--Just as Jules was getting so good and looking at going to work in the KLR Racing teams-tyre change paddock. ::)

:laughing4: Waar was jy?

Thanks to all who attended, quite a nice turnout.

Up the mountain was lekker, must say I was glad to be on the 525!

Not wanting to be outdone on a ride I helped plan I got a puncture on the way up the mountain, I didn't want to fix it so rode the whole way home on a flat front, luckily I had ample weight to redistribute to the back.  ;D

aaah....was rushing back from a Breedts Nek trippie and saw the 'gathering under the trees' along the Schurweberg road - thought it may have been a biker-church type gathering   :biggrin: and only later realised it may have been (lost)dawgs....would have stopped to say hi, but the SWAMBO's curfew enjoyed priority....

Was a blast! Thanks all who joined.

The Hill was Kark maar lekker!

Each time I ride it it gets worse, Serious work out on a heavy dual sport!

Till the next one

Jules

Hi guys, thanks to Jules and all involved for the lekker ride. Scott would like to thank the guys that
helped with his back tyre. It's fantastic to see how the wd's stick together and help.

Mark Hardy said:
mmm this hill sounds like fun  >:D

where da pics.

Sorry no pics, you will HAVE to take KilRoy up on his offer and come visit, I will then take you up the hill.