Kareedouw to Zandvlakte (in Baviaanskloof)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spastic Spy

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT 600 Z
Not sure where to post this request. I've done this route but putting it in Ride Reports doesn't seem right.

I did this "4x4 track" a year ago and left Kareedouw at about 2 or 3pm and knew I it was going to be a tall order to get into the Baviaans by sun set and still find a place to sleep, so going through what seemed like a hundred farm gates in 35 degree plus heat I didn't bother to scratch around in my backpack for my camera to take any photos. To add to my woes I never turned my GoPro off properly after the first bit of the track and the battery went flat.

What I would like to know is whether anyone else has done this road and took a few photos of the scenery that they wouldn't mind sharing with me so I can keep a detailed album.

I don't know what the route is called and I cant even find it on Google Maps. If anyone plans to do this track I would highly recommend it, it's about 50k's long I recon it's a grade 3-4 in 4x4 terms. I managed 10kph and battled lots of loose rocks but the scenery was incredible.