Kick Start Aurora - Breakfast Run Sunday 22d June 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philip Scott

Puppy
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I'm posting this on behalf of a mate who isn't on this forum, but who has taken the intitative to help the Women's Association of Aurora. These women are from families of seasonal pickers who's incomes are derived from 3 or 4 months of the year. Alcoholism is amajor problem in their community and Foetal Alcohol Syndrome is rife.

"Have you done anything to help someone else lately? Aurora has a group of local women who have taken the initiative to help themselves by creating jobs in their little village. They have a little "factory" which works with recycled paper and also makes soaps.

They are starting a weekend outdoor kitchen in the centre of town aimed at the Biker market. This is not a government backed and subsidised 'go nowhere' pipe dream. It is a bunch of people who are getting off their butts and helping themselves. They do not have the money and facilities to start off with a big bang, but they have a skottel and a kettle, a couple of plastic chairs and the will power to make this thing work.

We'd like to get 50 Wild Dogs on the 22nd of June to take a ride out to Aurora and have breakfast to help kickstart this initiative. We suggest that we split the people into groups of 10 (they only have 10 chairs) and stagger the arrival time in Aurora so that the tannies can cope with giving you a decent breakfast. We have suggested they give us a bacon and egg roll, juice, decent coffee and the Aurora best - a slab of plaas brood and konfyt to finish off with for R50. The idea is to let them get into it slowly so that they can build up enough equipment and food stocks without asking for handouts from anybody.

Aurora is a great destination or an out ride. You can have tar all the way if you come up the N7 through Piketberg or you can also do long stretches on dirt via other routes if that is what you want. (You guys would know better than us.)

Please call or e mail Chris McDuing to book, get directions, more info or even just to complain because I am harassing you, but please be a part of what can be a great facility for bikers in the future and at the same time adding value to a community.

Hasta la pasta
Chris McD.
Email: [email protected]"
Ideally we would need a few Wild Dogs to lead a roup of 10 riders so as to arrive in Auarora every 30 minutes between 09:30 and 11:30. If you need suggestions on possible routes, I will gladly share my knowledge of the area. Basically you have options to ride on dirt from Malmesbury all the way.

Uiltjie, you can bring a posse from Caledon. Get your mates together - this is a great area for rides.

Thanks for caring, Philip Scott.