KLR gear lever

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

D7

My Wonderful Day

It started early.  I woke up to the sound of pitter patter on the roof.  Ahh summer is finally here.
The came the realisation that my morning commute was going to be a wet and dangerous one - what with this being the first rain of the season.
Between Witkoppen & the N1 I turned back,  over the pavement,  and homeward bound...  No chance on these roads I thought,  and the weather seemed to be turning from grey to black.
I decided to brave it,  and did another u-turn.  Surely a candidate for employee of the month?

Then between Peter Place and Republic tragedy struck.  The infamous KLR gearlever.  It snapped off completely.  The only thing left on the splines is the knuckle that the lever is welded onto.
Bike stuck in 4th gear,  and no possibility of riding it home.
Just then the heavens opened.  I have obviously been a lot badder than I thought.
As luck would have it,  I took delivery of a brand new 'c' model gearlever on Tuesday morning from LeCap.  Got it with the rear brake bracket 'Eagle Mike' style...

Anyway,  this is my second standard KLR gearlever!!!  Incidentally,  I often fall to the right too (thus the brake bracket).
The replacement lever looks sleek and properly built.  I is also silver - so it blings a bit more than the standard darkish colour.
The standard one is a thin piece of pressed tin.  The replacemnt a thing of beauty.

Attachments

• look ma,  no gears.jpg
    look ma, no gears.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 95
  • offending article.jpg
    offending article.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 96