Knopkop and Friends quick Lesotho excursion FS Bash 2011

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice to see this ride report getting some views again.  :thumleft: :thumleft:

My broken collarbone is healed now and all is fine, I am doing this exact route end October again, cannot wait!!!!

:drif: :drif: :drif:

Without the collarbone part, please!

Knop knop, your Lesotho foties are good to look at... and your avatar :laughing4:

White Rhino said:
Good to see you're mended. Looking at doing this route on the 5th November :ricky:

Is it pillion friendly?

Yup, I did this ride yesterday again and there were three pillions on the route, (Dakar / 1150GSA / 1200GSA) no problems at all, the route is in very good nick and an easy ride, even the Heuweltop section provided no challenges at all. This is really a nice relaxed ride, and pillion friendly.

:thumleft: :thumleft:

Just hope you don't get that old prune on duty at Caledonspoort Lesotho borderpost.  She first gave Knopkop some k@k about not getting stamped out of Lesotho at QuaQua - not bothered by the fact that Lesotho doesn't have a border post there...  She mentioned something about R200 per week fine.  When it was my turn, I wasn't stamped out at Ongeluksnek because they don't have a border post there either.  The R200 per week fine would have worked out something like R10k for me  :eek:  It seems that the stamp of the SA border post checking us back in doesn't satisfy her.  But we went through regardless... just some harassment by the locals for us spending our currency at their shabeens  >:D

Marnus said:
Just hope you don't get that old prune on duty at Caledonspoort Lesotho borderpost.  She first gave Knopkop some k@k about not getting stamped out of Lesotho at QuaQua - not bothered by the fact that Lesotho doesn't have a border post there...  She mentioned something about R200 per week fine.  When it was my turn, I wasn't stamped out at Ongeluksnek because they don't have a border post there either.  The R200 per week fine would have worked out something like R10k for me  :eek:  It seems that the stamp of the SA border post checking us back in doesn't satisfy her.  But we went through regardless... just some harassment by the locals for us spending our currency at their shabeens  >:D

Ja moer, die donnese m**d.............

But I have never ever had an issue with this, but this antie was just being difficult........ :mad:

Leo told me yesterday that she gave them shit as well when they went through there yesterday afternoon :deal:

:xxbah:

Hi Knopkop
Kan jy jou trak vir my stuut. Beplan om begin Desember daar te ry. Groete Frans1

frans1 said:
Hi Knopkop
Kan jy jou trak vir my stuut. Beplan om begin Desember daar te ry. Groete Frans1

Check reply#8 on page 1, the GPS file is attached there.

:thumleft:

I am busy posting some older ride reports to my Blog to build some content for my future plans for world domination.....
So, I have re worked this Ride Report a bit and posted an updated version:

Go and have a look here:
Great friends and broken bones

:thumleft: :thumleft: