KTM 450 Rally Factory Replica - Go or no-go?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Renrew

Race Dog
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 SE
Been thinking [emoji85]

Is there anyone here that’s bought one (new) lately or have a friend that has?

Information about reservations, exact landed cost, when they need to be reserved, reservation requirements, servicing, whether you still get a spare engine with it, spare parts and some details seem to be quite scarce.

I’m playing with the idea of maybe getting a new 450RFR instead of a 890 Rally in the future. Won’t be using it for rally purposes by the way. Will be used for adv riding like the 890 Rally would, just with a wider range of possibilities.

Anyone care to share their thoughts on this idea? I’ve got my “reasons and rationalisations” in my head, keen to hear what others think the benefits and drawbacks might be of the choice between then two.

Also - The 2022 450 Rally bike used by the KTM Factory  guys this year, is that the 2023 version of the RFR (one year delayed)? It’s had quite substantial changes and the bike looks completely different to the 2022 RFR available to the public. Not talking about cosmetic differences.

Maybe it’s just a very bad idea…