KTM 690 TEST

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bradleys

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 640 Adventure
KTM CAPE TOWN,Peter of ktm gave me the keys to the 690end demo bike and said try it.I have been thinking of buying a new bike not sure which KTM[orange of course] :ricky:I ride a 640 adv and love it ,Ialso ride a 525 beta[ktm engine]on the enduros,so tryng out this bike helped me make up my mind.Its really a great bike,handles well in the sand ,just dont tap off quickly in the thick sand ,serious head shake,just be ready for it ,a damper would be the answer. It handles the tight tech sections great just watch out that you dont give to much throttle ,steps out quick,easy to catch. Handles the fast sections really well ,gets to 150kmhquickley,had some good scary moments  but the bike handleld it easily .On the tar it gets ahead shake just over 140 but evens out over160 and just wants to go,what  a bike.I am going to keep my 640 till the new 690 adv comes out ,I think that would be a awesome machine .The 690 is great but i will wait for theadv :ricky: A few of my riding friends tryed the bike a was really impressed with it,some of them looking for adv bikes  now giving the orange some serious thought :biggrin:Areally super bike,thanks to Peter and KTM CAPE TOWN. :thumleft: