KTM 990 running problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadAl

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
On Sunday Morning I decided to go for my first ride since getting back from sea. I hopped on the bike, got to the bottom of the road and it stalled. Thought this very strange (and it wasn't my forgetting how to ride) Battled to start it, got to the next stop street, and again the bike died. I eventually ran the battery down trying to start her. Phoned CO to get his trailer, which was full of quads. So instead he came and gave me a hand pushing the bike back to my house. This was definitely not a good advert for KTM as we passed a Kawasaki rider who comented about it. Finally got a battery charger on to the battery last night. Got hold of Russel from KTM, who inturn got hold of Butch. They told me to start the bike and let it idle for 20minutes for the computer to reset itself. I did this and about 10minutes in got alot of backfire which I think the lady next door did not appreciate. After 20minutes got on the bike and took it for a ride. OH YEAH I'm a happy camper again.
If I had known this on Sunday I could have joined CO and the boys up at zone 7. Oh well we live and learn.