KZN-Durban

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trevorwb

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Enduro
Mr G,Flex and myself set off from the BP below Sibiya at 6.It had rained the night before but the conditions were ok.The first half was ok.Even the single track from below the Shembe hill up to Appelsbosch was ok.
When we hit the black stuff at Appelsbosch it started to rain.We took the dirt from Fawn Leas through to the R33 and turned off left between the Karkloof and Umvoti vlei.The rain was worsening and I could feel the MUTINY creeping in behind me.The road through the Karkloof was muddy and as if the rain wasn't enough we got mist as well.We came out on the tar between Mooi river and Greytown where we decided it was time to beat it to Greytown Wimpy and reevaluate the situation once there.The 24km to Greytown in mist and rain was terrible.The road was mined with pot holes and in the rain one couldn't see the depth of them.
Wimpy did the trick and Flex who was feeling the cold managed to acquire 3 black rubbish bin bags for us.Flex and Mr G were now slightly happier campers.We decided we would continue the ride home as planned because slabbing it home in those conditions was dangerous.We took the road R74 toward Kranskop and turned off at Ahrens .By now it was raining hard and we were in mist.We past the Lilani hot springs turn off and pressed on through to Matimatolo.From here we started our slippery descent into the Umvoti valley.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    360.4 KB · Views: 301
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    305.2 KB · Views: 297