KZN - Not quite such a laid back ride Nungwane/Ngilanyoni/Ufudu

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey GG. Looks like I missed out on a lovely ride with a few 'scary' bits . Hopefully I won't be too busy next time.
Good luck for your op. Hope all goes well and you have a speedy recovery.

Jinne Gunda, thats in my old backyard. Im originally highly pedigreed Toti Scum.
Used to ride those trails as a laaitie with IT175, CR125 & KDX200, never my own, hehehe...
That was back in the day before gps's and stuffs. We just used to moer into the sugar cane and ride till we got tired. Would love to return there sometime...
But will surely press your button when Im back there on a bike sometime.

GundaGunda said:
The Badger said:
eeeiish a lot of rocks in that river crossing hey.......................Nice one guys :thumleft:

You bet - It took us an hour to man-handle 5 bikes through - Not easy with those slippery rocks.

Nice one GG, I went for a ride in Hammarsdale on Sunday with a mate of mine and managed to drown my bike, so I can relate to the water crossings. Believe me, that is the last thing you want to do with an 800GS, need to basically strip the whole bike to get to plugs. Killed it straight away, knew it was better to just leave it instead of blowing gasket.  What a mission, luckily a fellow wd was there and they went to go fetch a Land-Cruiser to get my bike out of the valley. Stripped bike drained oil, all milky. Put some GTX in and ran the machine a bit. Drained, still milky...Did that about 4 times now, oil only clearing up now... let the motor heat up nicely tonight to evaporate the water...turned out to be an expensive ride. Need to fix some cosmetic damage, replace oil and air filter and she should be good to go.

Anyone know where I can get my right hand side engine casing resprayed/touched up without losing an arm ?

Eeeeish Tinus.....................That sounds like a lekker ride you had there. Give me a shout and I will put you in touch with somebody for respraying.

tinusvdb said:
. . . . .and managed to drown my bike, so I can relate to the water crossings.. . . . .

Ow! Ow! - That is not good.

I think it was a bit of a miracle or just good luck we had no drowned bikes.

GundaGunda said:
tinusvdb said:
. . . . .and managed to drown my bike, so I can relate to the water crossings.. . . . .

Ow! Ow! - That is not good.

I think it was a bit of a miracle or just good luck we had no drowned bikes.

How you doing ? Op done ? You must shout if you need anything, I am about 1km away from Hospital

tinusvdb said:
. . .
How you doing ? Op done ? You must shout if you need anything, I am about 1km away from Hospital
. . .

Going in on Thursday - Hopefully out Thurs evening or Friday morning.

Thanx, but I think I'm fine - I have plans A, B, and C in place depending on what Sawbones has to do in the knees.

The Badger said:
Eeeeish Tinus.....................That sounds like a lekker ride you had there. Give me a shout and I will put you in touch with somebody for respraying.

Thanks Jeff,  will give you a call sometime today...

GundaGunda said:
tinusvdb said:
. . .
. . .

Going in on Thursday - Hopefully out Thurs evening or Friday morning.

Thanx, but I think I'm fine - I have plans A, B, and C in place depending on what Sawbones has to do in the knees.

Sterkte!

Hey, did you have the knee (s) op (s) .......... ???
How you doing?