KZN - Shall we do regular "newbie" / Social rides ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
Kymco (all models)
MadDog and I were discussing the concept of organizing regular "newbie" rides here in the Kingdom.

I am sure you have seen invites and RRs on the forum from Blazes who regularly holds these out in the Pretoria East / Cullinan way, and has great success in getting people out there and into the saddle.

The idea is to create a ride that is primarily on gravel roads, but is non-threatening to the folks who may be starting out in the game, or might not venture off the tar that often. Because it it a newbie ride does not mean that only "newbies" are welcome, but more experienced riders who may be used to longer and faster rides must understand that these rides are pitched at the newbies and must "go with the flow". The rides are a good chance to stop and smell the cow-turds.

Blazes' rides, if I remember right, are normally in the 150-200km range, start at about 07:00 and end with a lunch somewhere.   

It's also a chance for the smaller bikes to join the pack, and personally I have no problem with bikes down to street-legal TW200's, but I would not like the bar much lower than that.

What you say? Shall we give it a go?

Latest posts