L C TO CHURCHHILL DAM

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

COLES

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Sunday morning early left home to meet the Toppies at our gathering spot on the N2 would also be my first true ride on my Gs 1200 LC    just a few photo,s of interest

REDS.jpg

Shortly after i arrived Roberto arrive with his new wind deflector fitted to his GS once again a Toppie has come up with a real inexpensive way to help with the wind    just awesome

SCREEN.jpg

Next to arrive was Dick with his Blue Gs we set off along N2 then onto Green bushes and along the Old Cape road for breakfast in Jeffrey s

DAM.jpg

DICK.jpg

WALL.jpg

CHURCH.jpg

Roberto feeling very lost GPS not working

ROBBERTO.jpg

RED.jpg

Well chaps i have read so many negatives about the L C that i was looking out for the problems as we road along.  Fuel consumption over the 256 km was 5,5 per hundred, brakes are good but need lots of pressure on the rear brake.

I used the speed control set at 125 along a section from the Old Gamtoos Bridge to Jeffery's and put my hand on the tank steering the bike with my body no problem at all but the again us Toppies are not speedsters.

Seating position is also great, great idea to fit a tank pad, tire pressure at 2.7 rear  is very hard i set it to 2.4 and front to 2.2 bike in rain mode

Well dogs my first real ride with my own L C was truly great

Coles from P E   

Lekker guys, I sure I spotted you in J-bay. Was an awesome day for a ride.. :thumleft: