Ladies tar training Sat 4th or Sunday the 12 th July

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rynet

Grey Hound
WD Vendor
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Max Lange will offer an afternoon of tar training for ladies at Montegue Gardens on 4th or 12th July , from 12h00 to approx 15h00, covering :

Slow speed riding
Cornering
Braking and gearing
Emergency braking

Cost per lady : R200

Max will have a qualified K53 instructor to assist him.

We have space for one lady on the 4th July ,and 4 ladies on the 12th July .

Max will also be at Freak's track day on Sunday the 5th July at Killarney, so will take the instruction to the track day, and follow the trainees to check cornering at Killarney which will nicely cement what was learnt the previous day.

Many of us seem to have a problem with figuring our how to lean when riding slowly. Many ladies do paddle when they ride in parking areas , and the answer is so simple really : ON TAR : when riding slower than approx 50 km / hour , one must lean the OTHER way as that of the bike , conversely ,riding faster than approx 50 km/ hour one must lean in the SAME direction as the bike. OFF ROAD , I imagine one should lean AWAY from the bike, whatever speed one rides.

I am embarrassed to admit that I only learnt to lean on slow tar corners last year, when I did two training sessions with Max Lange and Tony Sparg. Unlike some of the other ladies who resign themselves to paddling, I had another remedy ; and that was never ever to ride slowly. I was often unfairly accused of riding like a hooligan, but I was entirely innocent of this false accusation ; it was merely that if I rode slower than 50 km/hour then I would fall over , hence my need for speed.   :imaposer:

Thanks to Max , I can also now enjoy the wonders of riding slowly   ;)

To participate, please put your names down here . OR e mail me at [email protected]

Ladies booked for the 4th July :

Cathy
Carina
Erica ( on Max's bike )
Julie
Karin ( Bella)
Magda
Mandi
Melinda
Tania C

Ladies booked for the 12th July :

Erica ( on her own bike )