last ride for the year

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donovan paton

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
went yesterday (11December) for my last ride of the year, my mom has convinced the whole family to get together for xmas, so not going to get a chance to ride again.

did a short 300km trip up the tugela river, crossed over the R74 and made my way on the back roads to Greytown. headed back towards PMB, turned left onto the back roads and followed the Mvoti back to Stanger. what made it more fun was, i was on my own and the rain from the past few days have made the roads slipery as hell  ;D got to one river crossing on the A2752 where the road was washed away. from the front it looks like the road is normal, but from the other side, diffrent story :biggrin: luckly the locals put rocks accross the road to stop cars from doing a dive. man handled the KLR down, got stuck in the water, sweeted like hell only to see they made a bypass road 100m down river. my way down was more fun. 

Attachments

• 111220111084.jpg
    111220111084.jpg
    326.3 KB
Sometimes going on your own is better,give you a chance to clear the head.

Nice one,beautiful surroundings :thumleft:

Very nice roads you have down there! :laughing4:
What did you do to your KLR screen - spaced and lift? Does it help?

i made it my self, saw it on an american website, helps with the wind, but main reason was so i could mount my gps

Attachments

• IMG00046-20111112-0626.jpg
    IMG00046-20111112-0626.jpg
    107.8 KB
mounted this so i always have a spare front and rear tube. there is a foot pump, patches and glue in there too ;D

Attachments

• IMG00045-20111112-0625.jpg
    IMG00045-20111112-0625.jpg
    138.6 KB
donovan paton said:
have the mesurments for the screen mod if you interested

I think this is gr8, you made a lot of space for the gps and I am sure it will help with the wind and it looks fairly neat! However, I have already fitted a Gps on the handle which also works nice and I'm alreaddy used to it. Also invested in a areo trim (not fitted yet - lol). I however have a tool tube but did not fit because I was not really sure where, but will definately follow your idea! I like your panniers and topbox - I have invested in a full Trax system. Nice to see well riged KLR's that actually being used on adventure trips! Cheers mate  :thumleft:

Hey Donovan  :thumleft:

Lovely area and pic - I don't go up that way nearly enough !!

I'll be back in RSA 4 Jan after caging to Swakop and back, and then let's go ride the Mvoti and Thukela valleys again. 

Looking forward to riding with you again, need to do a 2 day one again, so many places to camp. Planing to go up to pongola soon. Done the north of ulundi, but looking to go bit further.