leatt neck brace

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chicco

Grey Hound
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
This is the only ATGATT piece I dont own. Thinking of getting one, whats your opinion?

Never ride without it.
Got one but rarely use it.
Waste of money.

I also saw this article on advrider.

Leatt Neck Brace Cutts Riders Throat!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rider was practicing whoops at the house. He went over the bars and landed on his head. I assume the Leatt did what its supposed to do. But the impact basically ripped his neck, the buckle of the Leatt went in deep. Luckily the wound didnt hit any arteries, nerves or anything else in his throat.

Source!

Quote:

Dad:

- I've had a lot of people call about the Leatt brace and tell me they arent going to wear one cause look what it did to Jess. I feel as a parent that I should provide my son with all the protection that I can. Jess and I talked yesterday about the incident and he said he went numb for a couple of minutes. Ive had stingers myself and know what this feels like. All the test they ran and x-rays on his neck showed no injury. Jess went over the bars and landed on his head, plain and simple. The Leatt may have saved him from serious neck injury. On that note I wouldnt want someone to not wear one cause Jess got cut. TO answer a previous question Jess didnt have a chest protector on, he did have the straps on. My feeling is that his head went backwards, stretching his neck and the brace tore or ripped the skin and muscle tissue, it was deeper on one side next to the buckle. On a positive note as said before, there was no internal damage other than a nasty cut. We feel very lucky and blessed.

FYI: I am not trying to slam the Leatt Neck Brace. Just think everyone should be aware of a potential threat! Knowledge is power!

Attachments

• leatt_neck_brace_club.jpg
    leatt_neck_brace_club.jpg
    75.7 KB