Lesotho - Katse to Sani Stone Lodge via the A3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johanp

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F850GS
The plan last year was to go up Sani from Himeville and then take the A25 to Katse.
Sani was more of a challenge than expected and we simply didn't have enough time(or energy) to take the dirt road to Katse, so we ended up taking the long way around via the A1.

We're planning on going again in March, but this time via Clarence to Katse, and then take the A25 to the Sani Lodge area.

Couple of questions since I haven't been able to find much recent info/photos.
1) Many people have mentioned some very rough and rocky ascend/descents on the A25 near Katse.
Where on the map is it, and how rough/tough is it really?

We'll be a group of about 6 with varying levels of skill and experience, most important to note that my buddy's wife has got a bad knee from a previous accident. She's okay on dirt roads, but the rocky stuff could prove to be too much of a challenge, then what?

2)I've seen mention of anything from 6 to 9 hours to do the A25, is this accurate and would it be possible to split it into 2 days and explore a bit?
If so, where could we stay?

3)Any accommodation recommendations around the Sani Lodge area, or even around the area by the T junction to the A1?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 237
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 241
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 238

Latest posts