Living the Dream Solo Around the World Trip

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
schalk vd merwe said:
Airguitar said:
Schalk this is an amazing journey. I'm following you right up through the continent. I know what you mean about Nairobi and the traffic. It can be crazy, and yes, some Kenyans can be a little bit hostile to foreigners. However, they are the minority, as you say.
If you are still there, go to Wilson Airfield. Lots of SA pilots there. Good to make contact with one or two in case you need a friendly face who knows stuff..
Go safe and Godspeeed the journey!
No Airguitar i am just past the Equator tonight. I found the Kenians very nice as all the other people I have met. Are you a pilot? I fly microlites as well but don't have money for the serious stuff.

Haha yes I am and my brother too who does a lot of Africa flying. Being a pilot these days is a gamble. Bloody expensive to get qualified enough for a job where you may be lucky enough to make it all back again. Tell your kids to become lawyers or drug dealers. Something honest...  :laughing4:

Good going Schalk.  Kili looks so familiar but it is difficult to capture its real height in a picture.  I am glad you survived the Nairobi traffic.  It is indeed something to get used to.  What surprised me most was that in spite of all the chaos, there is no road rage.  That was a lesson for me.  Anyway, I survived 5 years there without an accident, three of those on a bike.

Alles van die beste vir die volgende fase van jou trip.

I hope you enjoy this trip as much as I do... :peepwall:

Thank you for sharing - safe travels!  :ricky:

Copernicus said:
Good going Schalk.  Kili looks so familiar but it is difficult to capture its real height in a picture.  I am glad you survived the Nairobi traffic.  It is indeed something to get used to.  What surprised me most was that in spite of all the chaos, there is no road rage.  That was a lesson for me.  Anyway, I survived 5 years there without an accident, three of those on a bike.

Alles van die beste vir die volgende fase van jou trip.
You right no road rage

schalk vd merwe said:
HB 9 said:
I hope you enjoy this trip as much as I do... :peepwall:

Thank you for sharing - safe travels!  :ricky:
I am living the dream

That you are. And we are all very jealous. Safe travels Schalk, and thank you for the effort in writing this thread each time you get wifi.  :sip:

Latest posts