Loevely tussen die bome ride in die hawaiian weatered city called George

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cassiebotha

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLX 400SR
Raaid report:

I cannot embed my images on the forum because in the past attempts pictures of BMW's turned into Corvettes! :)

here is die link

https://www.cassierides.co.za/loevelytussendiebomerideinthehawaiianweatheredcitycalledgeorge.html

Well today is sunday once again and almal is buite! Cats, uile, slange and bikers is all outside to enjoy the warm
bergwind that struck the lovely hawaiian beach coconut coctailled city called George.
So me and Johann en sy baie lieflike meisie called Christine decided to take the bikes up the outeniqua pass going
to a lekker grondad at the other side of the mountain.
So we went uphill towards the mountain and stopped at the first uitkykpunt and found a lot of friends sitting and
overlooking the beautifull mountain in all it's glory. So we decided to go and kuier a bit with them.

IMG_251.jpg

Here Johan's CTX is shining in all it's glory.

IMG_252.jpg

Here Christine is taking a loveley photo of the outeniqua mountains. So I decided to take the photo of
the lovely city of George that is posing in the backround

IMG_253.jpg

IMG_254.jpg

Here we are kuiering and discussing the Sabaru STI's performance and I wanted to dice the Sabaru with my 125 and i've
changed the rules that whoever comes last in the striaght line race will win!
They just skud their koppe!

IMG_255.jpg

On the other side of the uitkykpunt we found the "non gravel road members of the biking community!
They had harleys and they were admire-ing the loveley hawaiian city of George

IMG_256.jpg

Here I also Admired another friend also called Johann's Honda CBR 1000 road bike.
Everyone in George is called Johann!
Now I've decided to go with johann and see which route we can walk next sunday into the outeniqua
mountains. He wanted to show me fire prevention paths alongside the outeniqua mountains that they had
to cut open to prevent fire from getting out of control the time that they had to burn the mountain. I must
admit that Johan has a very demanding job to keep those mountain fire proof!

So along the way we came across some friends of Johan that went trail riding with their Vuka Scuta's

IMG_257.jpg

This weekend was quite a interesting weekend because I've putted my bike onto gumtree for sale to buy a Big Boy
250 Scrambler. But after this ride i removed the bike and decided to keep the XTZ 125 because it's such a capable
bike that I decided that I will rather focus on short journeys like this then long gravel roads going to unknown
towns

IMG_258.jpg

Here Johan is showing the Fire prevention routes that they've to cut open to control the outeniqua mountain
fire that helped water flowing to the George dam

IMG_259.jpg

Please note that this is not a public road and it's controlled so we got permission to ride here

IMG_260.jpg

IMG_261.jpg

IMG_262.jpg

We only done 20Km and it felt like a life time. Here we decide to take ground and watch the
sunset from the view point. Just at the bottom is the old George Dam wall and I will take photos
the next time that we will walk the path because no bikes nor any type of car is not allowed at all
at that point.

IMG_263.jpg

IMG_264.jpg

We were so fortunate that we could enjoy a loveley sunday afternoon like this. The berwind was
warm and the evening was hot. So we decided to wait for darkness and continued our route back
home

Thanks Johan for such a loveley quick trip

IMG_265.jpg

Hey wr he got me omkant!
He want to go satyrday or if he doesn't go we can go

What ? it rained in george????
Nice exclusive ride ;D

An entertaining report and nice to see different parts of George. :thumleft:
See you Saturday for a coconut drink. :thumleft:

Klink Lekker Drazil
lekker avontuur.
Bel my as jy in sedge is dan ry ek bietjie die 7 passe tot daar

When i was in school, i faught a lot...now i think a lot less! lekker! :imaposer: