Longwaydown - The Preview

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MuttsNutts

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
So heres my version of the longwayround trip from Agulhas.

I also joined Wes, Toni and co at the bottom of sir lowrys at 7 from which we shot onto Struisbaai, at the Van Brakel Stoor turnoff outside Caledon Toni's XT660 decided that the O-Ring on the oil filter was optional and started spewing oil. We left the bike at my familys farm(Lucky for Toni this only happened 400m or so from their turn in) and he rode 2 up with me to Agulhas

longwaydown1.jpg

One of the Support Vehicles was there early

longwaydown2.jpg

The REAL support
longwaydown5.jpg

The guys arrived about a half hour late but nobody seemed to mind

longwaydown4.jpg

The Touratech 1200's - Pretty blinged out as you can imagine
Steering Stops, Ohlin Shocks, Touratech Cylinder protectors, Zumo, Sonic Cams and Touratech Fog lights and LED indicators and brake lights to name a few

longwaydown7.jpg

longwaydown8.jpg

All the bikes had these "tank" panniers on, and they all seemed to have developed problems

longwaydown9.jpg

Now heres an intersting "unofficial" Story, Michelin are official sponsors(notice the sticker on the shock) so they had to fit there Anakees the day before for the cameras, but they used conti TKCs through the trip

longwaydown10.jpg

Claudio was his friendly self, what a great character, He ploughed into Charley the day before and the bike was kindly cable tied together by Donford including an installation of a  new oil cooler

longwaydown6.jpg

Poor Charley was looking a bit worse for wear

longwaydown11.jpg

The Legend  ;D and 2 pretty well used Adventures

longwaydown12.jpg

The main dudes  ;)(Sorry Charley)

longwaydown13.jpg

I take my hat off to these guys, 3 months on the road and they were as friendly as can be, a true example of great guys, I know I sure would have been grumpy

I have some nice videos but they to large to upload.