Looking for Breeds Neck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cave Girl

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
Having had a great outing ESSA on the river and hiking around Pelendada Slow Master and I decided to take it easy today and do a short trip over Breeds neck. As Slow Master needs lots of practice tar and dirt we stuck to tar and went out on the Lanceria road towards Harties with the intention of meeting up with a bunch of ESSA members who were planning on riding mountain bikes up Breeds neck. We left a bit late so stopped off for a quick breakfast at Nikita’s then took the dirt road pretty much directly opposite their entrance which pops out about 2km passed the Sasol guarage on the Brooderstroom road. Unfortunately we did not find Breeds Neck but did ride lots of very cool roads in the area. Roads were in really great . The condition because of the rain were showing much evidence of mud and were quite rutted but we were enjoying it being a little technical without being scary  :) we even did  a water crossing Slow Masters first  :D

Sorry pics are really bad as I did not take a camera and so these are taken off my SORRY!!!
1st Pic just after the watercorssing, 2nd pic one of the roads, 3rd pic a sign on the fence warning there are Lions behind it.

And no ride for Slow Master ever ends till her bike is clean

Attachments

• Water crossing.jpg
    Water crossing.jpg
    7.4 KB
  • Game drive road.jpg
    Game drive road.jpg
    7.1 KB
  • Lion warning.jpg
    Lion warning.jpg
    65.3 KB
  • Slow Master.jpg
    Slow Master.jpg
    7.5 KB
  • And Slow Master has to wash her bike.jpg
    And Slow Master has to wash her bike.jpg
    8.3 KB
Checked the Magalies map we were actually on the right road just turned left instead of right  :eek:
Will find it next time  :)

Hey you should have phoned us - we were peddaling up Breedt Nek around about that time and needed a tow...

Nice to see the DR out and about.

We were also there and never saw you.....quite interesting at the moment!

LOL CG - and here I thought you didnt pitch cause the braai Sat ended up being a late 1 ;)

Even I managed a 12km cycle - was a little daunting when we hit mud as we left the farm, but then it ended up being a lovely ride - but ja eSKaPe & kie went all the way up BN (agree MDB, interesting up there at the mo, think I prefer a motorised bike for it) :) - 40km they did in total - well done - it was very hot out there!!

Hahaha, CG... can't believe you didn't find Breeds Neck... would have shown you if I was closer, have done that 'pass' so many times, on quads and bikes.  I know that whole area quite well, we have friends that stay there.

:imaposer:

Love that dirt road opposite Nikita's. Couldn't just pass without taking it. There's quite a friendly zebra there and some kudu. Just watch out for warthogs running across.