LOOKING FOR INFO ON SOUTHERN NAMIBIA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustBendIt

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Adventure
I am planning a 10 day trip to Namibia from 10 - 20 June this year.

My party and I plan to meet up in Pofadder and enter Namibia at Onseepkans.

We would like to follow the course of the Orange River to the coast at Oranjemund but also see as much of South Nam as possible on gravel roads, including the Richtersveld, Fish River Canyon and also some wildlife and big game too.

I do not want to go further north than Luderitz / Keetmanshoop - basically on the same latitude

Please give me some ideas for "must see" places and "must ride" roads - the rougher and more remote the better. The party will consist of 6 very capable riders on mostly german and japanese motorcycles - there will also be 1 or 2 thirsty and temperamental orange austrians

Also looking for camping accomodation places that are neat and clean with working ablution facilities - does not have to be fancy.

Has anybody out there ridden the roads in the "restricted area" along the west coast from luderitz to oranjemund - looks absolutely desolate but amazing on google earth - absolutely no human presence at all

Latest posts