Lowvelders to the Richtersveld

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Prize giving in Pofadder….

IMG_6193.jpeg

Awesome pics, looks like you had a great trip (y)(y)

Then it’s time for the worst part of the trip… the R358. I warn the guys about the impending doom, get on my bike and hit that corrugated surface for what seems like an eternity, leaning into the cold crosswind and letting the suspension on the Rally get in it’s comfort zone at a speed slightly above the legal limit 😈

Nico and I wait nearly half an hour at the Loeriesfontein turnoff 🫣

IMG_6197.jpeg

When the guys arrive the owner of the Deli convinces us to have some homemade pies

IMG_6204.jpeg

Some more high speed cruising to Calvinia. Some beautiful flowers next to the road

IMG_6208.jpeg

The 790/890 and the 990 are extremely blessed Genetically, but the Hotnotsgod Front on the 790/890 is difficult to take Home and show to your Mom. I always park mine facing away from the Destination but the Rally makes up at full tilt on a shitty Road where everybody else will not see the Face.

Jesse has a momentary lapse in concentration and sees the little stream across the road (seen below where Johan is crossing) too late. In his attempt to slow his 950 down, he start sliding and eventually looses the front end. He goes down and he destroys his Touratech helmet on impact. Luckily he walks away with a few nasty bruises only. It could’ve been a lot worse.

IMG_6225.jpeg

IMG_6231.jpeg

We are all reminded how quickly things can go South. We ride together at a much more sedate pace and reach Middelpos late afternoon

42eb3667-0ced-471c-91a7-716183e3ab73.jpeg